BRIAN HOFER, J.D.
BUSINESS LAW AND LITIGATION PARALEGAL
Brian Hofer, J.D., has over twelve years of experience assisting business owners with business formation; contract law; general civil litigation, landlord-tenant, employment, administrative law, and license defense; construction and real estate law; and permit and conditional use applications and appeals.
Mr. Hofer also works with municipal and state law enforcement throughout California to create privacy and use policies regulating surveillance equipment and data sharing. He has been a featured speaker at forums organized by the California Department of Justice, RightsCon, HOPE Conference, and Berkeley Law School, among others.
AREAS OF PRACTICE:
• Civil Litigation
• Construction Law
• Employment Law
• Chair, City of Oakland Privacy Advisory Commission
• Oakland Poised to Lead in Protecting Privacy – February 4, 2015 East Bay Express
• Oakland’s Privacy Commission Could Lead Nation on Surveillance Oversight –January 22, 2016 KQED.
• Time to give Oakland Police Commission teeth – July 12, 2016 Mercury News
• 2016 Best Of The East Bay (civil liberties)
• 2016 Patriot Award – Bill of Rights Defense Committee
University of San Francisco, Juris Doctor
University of California, Berkeley, Bachelor of Arts,